About Fritz Maracyn Two
Fritz MaracynTwo (8 Sachets) powder is a broad-spectrum antibiotic developed for use in aquariums which has been shown to be effective against a number of pathogenic bacteria associated with ornamental fish disease. Due to its unique properties, it is absorbed by the fish through the skin. During the prescribed treatment, the concentration of the active ingredient in the fish fluids rises to a therapeutic level and is available to fight systemic infections susceptible to its action.
Fritz MaracynTwo (8 Sachets) is primarily effective against gram-negative pathogenic organisms. Internal diseases are more difficult to detect than external ones as early detection is almost impossible. It is also potentially effective against some gram-positive and fungal infections, making it our most broad-spectrum treatment, and a great first choice of medication when the cause of disease is unknown.
Provides relief from bacterial infections such as fin and tail rot, popeye, septicemia, dropsy, internal infections, and other secondary infections, such as wounds from injuries or parasites. Symptoms of possible bacterial infection can include clamped fins, general listlessness, degradation of tissue on fins, suppressed appetite or other unusual behavior can be caused by internal infections. All suspected bacterial infections should be treated immediately. Consult a veterinarian or fish expert for assistance in diagnosis of disease causing organisms and treatment options.
Active ingredient: Minocycline
Directions & Dosage
Add the dose per 10 gallons of water and repeat every 24 hours for 5 days. Please note that Day One requires a double dose. Repeat this 5 day treatment only once if needed
- Day 1: Add the contents of TWO packets per 10 gallons of water
- Day 2: Add one packet per 10 gallons of water
- Day 3: Add one packet per 10 gallons of water
- Day 4: Add one packet per 10 gallons of water
- Day 5: Add one packet per 10 gallons of water
- Day 6: Perform a 25% water change. Repeat this five-day treatment if symptoms improve, but have not completely disappeared. If no improvement has occurred, try our Maracyn and/or Maracyn Oxy treatments.
- For best results, use Maracyn Two in a quarantine tank
- Remove carbon during treatment, maintain adequate water flow or aeration
- Maracyn Two may cause excessive foam production in protein skimmers or tanks with airstones. Stop use of skimmer during treatment if excessive foaming is a concern.
- UV Sterilizer can be used during treatment
- Cloudiness may occur during treatment; this is normal and will clear up on its own after treatment
- Always complete a full course of treatment, even if symptoms improve or disappear before the fifth dose
- No contraindications: can be used with all of our other products and meds
- Safe for use with invertebrates
- Some more sensitive plant species may display yellowing, but this condition generally improves after the treatment; remove any plants if concerned
- Do not perform water changes during the course of treatment. Maracyn® Two may inhibit nitrifying bacteria. If ammonia or nitrite is a concern, detoxify during treatment with Fritz A.C.C.R. or Fritz Complete
- Overdosed? Perform a large water change if distress is observed
Note: FOR AQUARIUM USE ONLY. Consult a veterinarian or fish expert for assistance in diagnosis of disease causing organisms and treatment options. If you are unsure of the specific infection,
- Buy Now: Fritz Betta Water (946ml)
- Buy Now :Fritz Guard
- Buy Now: Fritz Complete
- Buy Now: Fritz Clarifier
- Buy Now: Fritz Algae Clean Out
Treating an aquarium less than 10 gallons? Check our FAQ for some quick dilution recipes or watch our instructional video below.
|280 g Bulk Jar||Varies||47050|